demonstrating development and engagement with interior design/interior architecture/spatial design history, theory, education, and practice through critique and synthesis with the focus on both speculative research and practice-based research.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission adheres to the idea journal Guidelines for Authors.
- All images have permission to be published in idea journal.
- The author has included an Orcid Number, keywords, biography to their author profile.
Design Research Paper
presenting the nature and outcomes of refereed design studios, which have either been previously peer reviewed in situ, and/or critically discussed through text and imagery for the IDEA JOURNAL.
critically evaluating design-based works, which seek to expand the nature of spatial, temporal and theoretical practice in interior design/interior architecture/spatial design and associated disciplines.
demonstrating and presenting speculative research and practice-based research through visual media. For examples of visual essays please refer to previous issues of the IDEA JOURNAL – for example, the visual essay by Sara Bomans and Remco Roes ‘Nothing will come of nothing, speak again’ (http://idea-edu.com/journal/2013-idea-journal/).
Book & Exhibition Review
encouraging debate into the emerging literature dedicated to the expression and expansion of the theory and practice of interior design/interior architecture.
Intended to encourage the development of discourse catalysed by the IDEA Journal’s monthly publication, the Editor will now consider letters for publication. Letters offer the opportunity to further engage in rigorous, evidence-based discourse formatted as an essay with a clearly identified position/purpose directly in relation to the discourse emerging through the IDEA Journal publications.
with prominent theorists, scholars, academics, practitioners or other experts from the interior design/ spatial design/ interior architecture their associated fields.
Author/s and or their institutions retain copyright ownership in the works submitted to the IDEA Journal, and provide the IDEA Journal of the Interior Design Interior Architecture Educators Association with a non–exclusive license to use the work for the purposes listed below:
- Made available/published electronically on the journal website
- Published as part of the journal online open access publication
- Stored in the electronic database, website, CD/DVD, which comprises post publication articles to be used for publishing of the Interior Design Interior Architecture Educators Association.
Reproduction is prohibited without written permission of the publisher, the authors or their nominated university. The work submitted for review should not have been published or be in the process of being reviewed by another publisher. Authors should ensure that any images used on the paper have copyright clearance.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.